How to Avoid Getting a Citation
- Pay the parking meter as soon as you park.
- Observe posted parking signs (both in front of and behind your vehicle). Don’t park longer than the posted time limit.
- Obey the “NO PARKING” signs. Remember, restrictions vary by time and day.
- Make sure your watch is in sync with the time on the parking meter.
Do Not Park…
- Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant, 20 feet of a crosswalk, or 30 feet of a stop sign,
- In any manner that obstructs the free use of the street,
- Blocking a driveway,
- On a sidewalk,
- Against the flow of traffic,
- In intersections, bus stops, or on a bridge.